Sunday 17 May 2015

Stress No More

Hi everyone , 

i know that i haven't spoken to you in a while and I'm sorry for that, i have just had so much going on recently. These past few weeks have gone incredibly quickly with exams and all that and although I'm happy to get them over with there comes a sadness with all of it and so many emotions and it can be really difficult. The exams that i am sitting are not only a chance for me to express all that i have learnt over the past 5 years but it also shows how far I have come and grown since day 1. When i sit in the exam hall i look around and i see all these people who have all been on the same boat as myself, we have all gone on this journey together and sadly the journey is reaching the end for all of us, we will all be going off in our separate ways and the thought of this is heartbreaking, i know I'm not exactly best friends with each and everyone in our year however i still care for them , they have been a part of my life for almost 5 years which is a big thing for me.

Apart from the revision i have been trying to relax and to stay chilled, i think that this is really important right now as all these emotions can be overwhelming. When i want to relax the first thing i like to do is run a bath, i find this very relaxing especially as i will have to leave my phone on the side as i get worried that i will drop it in the bath (Just My Luck). 
After a bath i like to get into bed and watch a movie, i love movies i can honestly say that i have seen every movie that you would ever want to watch, my all time favourites are Love Rosie , About time and The perks of being a wallflower (obviously) and quite ironically they are all British films, so if you are stuck in one day then check out these movies, each one will have you in tears. 
My strange obsession right now has been incense sticks , i find them very relaxing and they help to clear you mind (perfect for the exam stress).  My favourite scents are the sandalwood sticks and jasmine. These are original scents rather then all that chocolate berry rubbish. 

And so those were the rituals i like to follow when i need a break and relax, i find it funny that i am giving advice to you when i am not exactly in a position to give advice right now as i am a mess haha. but maybe this will help me, I promise that i will start posting regularly again. 

If you have any tips on DE-stressing then please please share! If you are doing exams right now then good luck i hope it all goes well for you :)

Love Always,

Ellie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment