Tuesday 5 May 2015

MAC Haul !

prom season is getting closer and after weeks of looking for places to get my makeup done at I have been unsuccessful and so i have taken matters into my own hands and have decided to do my own makeup. I enjoy putting on makeup and so i am not too worried about this i also think that no one knows how to put on makeup so you like it better than yourself. not only is this an easier way it can also be a cheaper way as you will not pay out for a person coming around to your house.

as i had decided to do my own makeup i decided to go on a visit to MAC in lakeside which is the nearest store to me, i waited about 45minutes till a makeup artist could see me, i didn't mind as she was very helpful. i told her the occasion and she picked out the right foundation colours for my skin tone, she also gave me advice on each product and how to apply it. I Think that this is vey useful as sometimes when you buy a new product you do not always know how to use it. I ended up spending far more than i had planned to spend however i got what i needed to get and i was also educated on each product and how to use it.

In my shopping bag I brought..
MAC studio fix foundation - i find this a fantastic coverage and lasts throughout the day, this is also perfect for prom as many pictures will be taken and it produces no flashback which is quite common. I recommend applying this foundation with a brush as you use less product and it can create a nicer finish.
 
MAC skin base - this is a face primer to use before applying the foundation and helps to prolong the makeup throughout the day and night. I like this product as it has all the nutrients for your skin so that it does not dry out with the matte foundation so you are not left with flaky patches of skin. This is also perfect for hiding open pores and marks and this helps to even out the skin tone. apply a small amount as if too much is used it can have the reverse effect.
 
MAC lipstick in faux- This is my fav. at the moment, i love the finish as it is not matte however not to glossy either, i think the colour is perfect as it is slightly nude which is the look that i wanted but gives an undertone of purple which really compliment the blue in my dress. the lipstick lasts a long time too as long as your not kissing any boys .
 
MAC studio fix powder- this is an alternative to the studio fix foundation and is exactly the same expect in powder form , i think that this is a good product to use for extra coverage in areas that you need it ie blemishes , i brought this as it will give me extra coverage in areas that i need it and more protection, i have been applying it using a kabuki brush however it does come with a sponge which is recommended.


If you are thinking about doing your own makeup for prom i recommend getting inspiration from www.pintrest.com as it is full of pictures and tutorials on how to have the perfect smoky eye etc. i also recommend YouTube as many you tubers have created makeup videos especially for prom.

follow my pintrest - @justellieevans

love always,

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment