Tuesday 26 May 2015

I Love Bare Minerals!



I remember the first time I got proper makeup, not that rubbish that you get in a plastic phone, or the freebie stuff that comes with the lellie Kellie shoes but actual real makeup and it was Bare Minerals. My mum had always said that if i was to start wearing it then I should wear the real stuff. Over the years i have started to love the brand even more and begun to experiment with more of their products. Here are a few of my favorites and what i think of them, just to let you know that i am a 16 year old girl not a makeup artist so these are just my opinions on the products!!








Maximum coverage concealer brush £14.00-  This brush is great for concealer and really helps to give maxi um coverage in the areas where you have blemishes and red patches. I like to apply my concealer using my fingers as i feel like i get get it in the places which i need it the most and so i don't use this brush all the time. I don't think that this is a must have in their brand however if you use concealer regularly then this may be a product for you. 

Full coverage kabuki brush £24.00 - I love this brush for blush, i think that this is my favorite brush in the bare mineral brand. I think that the Bare Mineral brushes can be hit and miss sometimes and the quality is not perfect which isn't great, especially the amount you pay for them. However the kabuki brush seems to hold the hair well and I never seem to get annoying fallen pieces of hair that has broken out of the brush stick to my face. So if you are planning on buying a Bare Minerals brush i do think that the best thing to do before hand is look at reviews on them as some can be a bit rubbish but my favorite brush is this kabuki. 

Angled blush brush £13.50- I like to use this brush for my bronzer even though it says blush (breaking the rules) its good for contouring the cheek bones and can be good for blending, but like i have said with the other brushes i do find this brush doesn't last that long, even if you wash them and look after them as much as you can they still shed hairs. However it is still a good brush.

Flawless application brush £24.00- This was the first brush i got from bare minerals and i use this to apply my mineral foundation. I really did like this brush but i realized that it shed hair quite easily even after the first few times of application , i find this annoying especially when you pay £24 you expect it to last longer and for the quality to be a bit better and so it is a bit of a let down. However i do think that you should test this brush out for yourself , you never know it could work for you and maybe i just have some bag brush luck!

Precision concealer brush £14.50 - Compared to the maximum coverage concealer brush i do think that this is the better brush, i think that you can apply less but you can apply it more carefully and only in places which you need to apply it. Many people over do do it on concealer and use to much and i think that this brush helps to prevent this from happening as you can only apply a bit at a time. 

Original SPF 15 Foundation in medium £26.00- I LOVE THIS! This is one of my favorite foundations, i find the application so easy and because it is a powder it means no hands covered in foundation. I think that its build-able and you can add more if you need a better coverage which makes it perfect for almost anyone. It leaves a beautiful affect onto you face that leaves it looking soft and flawless. Many makeup artists use this foundation as it amazing for photos and gives no flash back. I do recommend this product to you as i find it simply amazing and im sure you will agree, no wonder its a best seller!. 

Mineral veil in translucent £24.00 - I think that it was last valentines day my Nan brought me this in a smaller version, i was slightly confused on what it was however i watched tutorials and reviews on YouTube which educated me all about it (if you ever want information on a product YouTube is the best place to go). So after finding out what this product was i started to use it and i think its amazing. Basically its a powder you apply onto your face after applying makeup, its prolongs your makeup for the rest of the day and gives it a lovely flawless finish without adding any colour and i do think that if you are getting this product buy the translucent shade rather than a colour shade. So after using this smaller sized product and  had fallen in love i decided to visit the bare minerals counter in house of Fraser and buy a full sized one, its lasted me ages! 

Bare minerals  Ready Blush £22.00-  This is one of my favorite blushers that i own and i have quite a few! It comes in 8 shades my one is the secrets out, It also comes with a brush however i like to use my kabuki brush as i feel like it spreads the blush over my face better than a miniature brush and leaves me looking less like a doll.  

And so their you go, they were a few of my Bare Mineral favorites. I love the brand Bare Minerals especially for all their foundations , blushes , eye shadows. I don't think their brushes are a 10/10 and im still in love with the real techniques brushes, but just like they say you don't need to love the brushes to love the brand! 

love always, Ellie E xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment